The nearest town to Baldarroch Chapel and Crematorium is Banchory which lies just 3 miles down the A93 (North Deeside Road). The Royal Deeside town of Banchory has a wide range of shops, hotels, cafes, restaurants, pubs and other facilities. Shown below are some of the frequently asked questions we receive at Baldarroch regarding local amenities:
- Where is the nearest place to get something to eat and drink? At 0.8 miles along the A93 (North Deeside Road) towards Banchory is the Milton Brasserie which serves refreshments from 0930 to 1700 hrs each day. Due to its proximity the Milton Brasserie also caters for Funeral Teas, more details of which can be found here. Please click here for directions from Baldarroch to the Milton Brasserie.
- Where is the nearest hotel? There are several hotels in Banchory which cater for all budgets. It is suggested that you use one of the numerous websites available to find a hotel that is suitable to you by using the search ‘Hotels near AB31 5JL’.
- Where is the nearest Fuel Station? Self service fuel pumps can be found at the Tesco Superstore in Banchory is situated on the right hand side of the A93 (North Deeside Road) as you enter Banchory. If you continue further along the A93 you will find Morrisons Supermarket on the left had side of the road which has a manned fuel station. Directions to each of these can be found be clicking on Tesco or Morrisons.
- Where is the nearest Florist and will they deliver flowers to Baldarroch Chapel and Crematorium? Rosies Florist is located at 78 High Street, Banchory. Rosies provides the flowers we have on display each week at Baldarroch Chapel and Crematorium and she is more than happy to provide and deliver wreaths for services held at Baldarroch. Directions to Rosies Florist from Baldarroch can be found here.
- What bus routes can I use to get to Baldarroch Chapel and Crematorium? There are several bus routes which travel along the A93 (North Deeside Road) which are suitable for using if you are coming to Baldarroch Chapel and Crematorium. Full details of these routes can be found here.
The are of course alternatives in Banchory to the suggestions shown above, more details of which can be found at the Visit Banchory website.